To remain relevant in today’s world, libraries need to build an online presence. With the proliferation of technology advances, it’s not always easy to keep up with the latest trends or understand how to master the technology to use it effectively and efficiently.
This one-hour webinar will focus on how you can build a digital community through the use of blogs and social networks. Attendees will:
- Discover the difference between blogging and social networking
- Get an overview of the basics.
- Understanding the benefits of blogging
- A look at the power behind your words
- Refine how you utilize social networks
- Moving from fun to professional by creating a social media guide
- Receive tips and tools to improve your online brand
- Defining your brand and effectively expressing it though a media dashboard
- How to Get Things Moving
- Receive online resources that can assist you with next steps
By the end of this webinar attendees will have the basic knowledge to effectively engage your community online through the use of blogging and social networks.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff ready to embrace online technologies to engage their patrons.
- ppt [8.9mb]
- pdf (Full slide) [2.1mb]
- pdf (3 slides per page) [257kb]
- Only Dead Fish: doc [36kb] - pdf [21kb]
- Growth of Social Media: jpg [1.6mb]
- Short History of Social Media: jpg [387kb]
Chat and Q&A
- Chat: pdf [40kb]
- Q&A: pdf [31kb]