I’m going to sue you……. !
- My car was towed and the guys on the lot didn’t even have signs saying I couldn’t park!
- I moved over a month ago and still don’t have my security deposit back!
- The contractor who worked on my home was unlicensed. I want my money back!
- I bought a used car that is a lemon!
Small Claims courts deal with many types of cases involving $10,000 or less.
- Do you know the types of cases that can and cannot be filed in California Small Claims Court?
- Do you wonder where to find quick and easy information on the Small Claims process?
- Would you like to know where to get answers to small claims frequently asked questions?
Resolving disputes through the small claims process, when the option is available, may be the preferred method for addressing a legal matter in the courts.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Receive a general overview of the Small Claims process, including going to court, collecting money and mediation services as an alternative to going to court
- Be familiar with key terminology and court procedures used in Small Claims
- Be introduced to the “Small Claims” section of Courts.ca.gov, the California Courts website
- Have a basic understanding of the online resources to assist parties in completing Small Claims forms
- Learn about the Small Claims advisory services available at local superior courts
- Get tips on print resources and library databases that can be helpful for locating small claims information and forms
This webinar will be of interest to library staff who are on the front lines of connecting people with information in public libraries. Law librarians from all disciplines who have seen a need for training public librarians in providing access to legal information and services to customers with legal questions.
|Webinar 1: Legal Research Resources: Great Legal Reference and Referral in the Public Library - Oct 4, 2012.
|Webinar 2: Family Law Basics for Public Libraries - Jan 10, 2013.
|Webinar 3: Finding Legal Forms: Getting Started in Public Libraries - Feb 7, 2013
|Webinar 4: Landlord/Tenant Legal Resources: a Guide for Public Libraries - Mar 21, 2013
|Webinar 5: Small Claims Court Legal Resources: a Guide for Public Libraries - Apr 18, 2013
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
- Speaker's slides
- pptx [3.0mb]
- pdf (Full slide) [3.5mb]
- pdf (3 slides per page) [3.0mb]
- Chat: pdf [60kb]