- How are some librarians finding practical ways to cope, successfully navigate, and even thrive in the face of a lingering recession?
- How can you recognize and avoid the most common mistakes that can determine the difference between success and failure in any career situation?
- How can you to reinvent yourself and prepare for success in a new career in a very different or less traditional role?
- What secrets can be learned from successful individuals who have become leaders in the library/information profession?
- What new career opportunities are possible for you and how can you plan a strategy to pursue something new?
This webinar will assist library staff, both professional and paraprofessional, in understanding the wide range of career opportunities available to them and how to visualize a path to success. A number of successful and unsuccessful stories will be discussed.
Attendees will review and analyze successful and unsuccessful case studies to help them chart a path to career advancement, such as moving into a less traditional library role or making a lateral move into a very different career. They will also learn how to identify, select and acquire the most relevant “front runner” or leadership “personas” that contribute to professional success in the current climate.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to envision their path to advancement through the analysis of the accomplishments of other librarians and information professionals who have successfully climbed the organizational ladder, transitioned into a new career, or become a “front runner” or leader in our profession.
- Learn how to continually reinvent themselves to overcome adversity and achieve success in any work environment.
- Gain insight into some exciting career opportunities often overlooked by librarians and information professionals.
- Know how to prepare themselves for one of the numerous alternative career opportunities readily available to librarians and information professionals.
This webinar will be of interest to professional and paraprofessional library staff contemplating the next job opportunity or career change and those seeking to identify their current skills and acquire new ones.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar on the day of the event on the Adobe Connect server.
- Speaker's slides
- ppt [3.3mb]
- pdf (Full slide) [1.4mb]
- pdf (3 slides per page) [968kb]