NOOK Color Handout
The NOOKcolor is an ebook reading device. You purchase books, magazines or blogs via a Barnes & Noble account at bn.com.You navigate on the NOOK color using a touchscreen. You can switch between portrait or landscape views by simply turning the device. You can also browse the Internet via built-in wi-fi. The NOOK color also allows you to loan ebooks to friends with NOOKs. A USB charger is required to charge the unit. It’s available for $249.
- On the top left side of the NOOKcolor is the power button. Press once and release to turn the NOOK on, to put it to sleep, and to wake it up. Press and hold for about 7 seconds to completely power off the NOOK color.
- The NOOK symbol on the bottom face of the device is the Home button (it’s shaped like a horseshoe). Press it to wake up your device from sleep mode (turn the display on). When the device is on, pressing the Home button will take you back to the Home screen.
- Slide the NOOK icon on the screen to the right to unlock the NOOKcolor.
- At the top of the Home Screen, you’ll find a link to whatever book or periodical you’ve most recently been reading. You’ll also find a pull-down menu listing other books, periodicals, and files you have recently opened.
- The Daily Shelf holds books, magazines, and newspapers that you have recently received (for example, purchased, downloaded, or borrowed). The Daily Shelf runs left to right with the newest item on the left. You can move back and forth through the Daily Shelf by swiping your finger across its contents.
- Tap the white Quick Nav Arrow to make the Quick Nav Bar appear or disappear. You can find the Quick Nav button on screen directly above the Home button. Tap the icons in the Quick Nav Bar to open various features on the NOOKcolor, such as library, shop, search, extras, web, and settings.
- Touch a finger to the screen and hold it there for about 2 seconds. In many situations, pressing and holding will pop open a menu.