Webinar today at Pacific - 12 PM, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM:
Handling Challenging Situations: What Do I Do Now? Part II of II, presented by Leah Esguerra and Kathleen Lee. A partnership between the San Francisco Public Library and the local Department of Public Health resulted in the placement of a social worker at the Main Library to link users to housing and social services. Eventually a job-training component was added, providing opportunities to develop marketable skills for people who had been homeless. Meet and hear the story of a library outreach worker who helps herself by helping others.
Courses Currently Available for Registration
- Staying on Top of Technology Trends (online, starts May 21, 2013
- Readers' Advisory for Children, Tweens and Teens (online, starts June 4, 2013)
- Creating Effective Surveys (online, starts June 18, 2013)
- Infographics: Telling the Library Story (online, starts June 18, 2013)
- All Work is Team Work (online, starts June 25, 2013)
- Rethinking Reference Collections (online, starts July 9, 2013))
- CORE 2: Subject Area Mini Courses (online, ongoing)
For additional courses and webinars see the full planned training calendar.
- Sign up for the Infopeople training announcement list.
- Have an idea for a training workshop? Let us know!
- Looking for archived webinars? You can find them here.
- Check out the Best Search Tools page.
- Access Past Training Materials.
- Check our planned training calendar to see what events are on the schedule!
- Did you know Infopeople offers LSSC-approved courses? Here is a list of our current offerings.