From time to time, Infopeople forms mutually beneficial alliances with other groups and organizations that have an interest in continuing education, staff development, and training for libraries. The specific details vary from alliance to alliance. Most are informal, although some are embodied in formal agreements or certifications. Some of these partnerships are with groups and organizations outside of California – Lyrasis, WebJunction, and the Western Council of State Libraries are examples. All partnerships are with nonprofit, library-specific organizations.
For more information, contact the Infopeople office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current partnerships are:
- California Library Association - Infopeople, in association with the California State Library and other CSL LSTA projects, participates in CLA's annual conference through an exhibit hall presence and by supporting the Master Speaker series
- CALTAC - Website design, hosting, and maintenance; occasional training
- LSSC - Infopeople offers LSSC certification credits for some of its online courses
- Lyrasis - Mutual course advertising and pricing
- NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region - Provide joint training to California libraries in health-related areas
- WebJunction - List courses in their Clearinghouse; implement WebJunction grant-funded training in California