Get Involved Webinar: Dec 3, 2008
Getting Others Involved in Your Library
Libraries work at an intersection of information, education and technology. Get Involved: Powered by Your Library is a new initiative, designed to provide California libraries with the tools and knowledge they need to attract Boomers and the generations that follow to meaningful volunteer opportunities, and to ensure that libraries remain vital hubs of community involvement.
Carla Lehn from the California State Library will provide an overview of the initiative. Then, Jill Friedman Fixler and Jennifer Rackow of JFFixler & Associates will share the foundation of "volunteer engagement", including why and how it is a shift from traditional volunteer management. At the webinar's conclusion, we'll share important dates for the next six months of the initiative.
Specifically, you will learn:
- Why the California State Library is focusing on this initiative now, and what you can start doing today
- National trends affecting volunteerism, for Boomers & beyond
- Principles of high impact volunteer engagement
- How to make quality improvements to current volunteer position descriptions
- The kinds of strategic questions that will help you uncover what to work on, so that you get the most value from upcoming events, including a May 2009 two-day institute, where these and other topics will be covered in depth.
This webinar is available as an audio-only archive.