When you register, you will receive a registration confirmation including the URL to get to the course, as well as a username and password. We recommend that you log in as soon as possible after the start date, to check the teacher's announcements, see if there are any first week events, and begin the course work.
You can work on each module at your own pace, at any hour of the day or night. However, it is recommended that you complete each week's assignments within that week to stay in sync with other students.
To earn a certificate of completion, students must do the course work required by the instructor, which may include quizzes, assignments and participation in online discussions or meetings.
This course is taught over the web. You must:
- Have an Internet connection (broadband is strongly recommended).
- Be able to save Microsoft Word .doc or Adobe .pdf files to your computer and print them out. (For .doc files, a free Word Viewer is available here . Search for "Word Viewer." For .pdf files, a free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available here ). Open source software like OpenOffice  will also open Word documents.
- Be comfortable navigating on the web.
- To be most successful in this course, be willing to share information with your colleagues and be willing to spend time reading and participating in the weekly discussion forums.
The following are minimum system requirements for successfully completing an online course. You will need access to a computer that has at least these specifications to participate:
- Operating Systems and Software:
- All Platforms
- Flash Player 
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or above
- Firefox 2.0 or above, Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Google Chrome
- Windows Media Player 
If you are not comfortable with any of the above, please consider taking this course with a colleague who does meet these requirements.
- All Platforms