[% # Page imported Tue May 23 11:59:23 2006 page.type = 'third_level'; page.title= 'Olympus WS-210 Digital Recorder Handout'; page_heading; # create
The Olympus Digital Voice Recorder records sound via an internal microphone or you can attach an external microphone. It plugs directly into a USB port on your computer via a built-in USB connector (no cables needed). It runs on one AAA battery, and it holds up to 138 hours of recordings depending on the quality level. All audio is recorded in WMA format. It’s available for under $100.
1. To turn ON, move Hold switch so it’s not on Hold (on side of device).
2. To record:
a. Press REC.
b. To stop recording, press Stop.
Note: Recording quality is best when you are about a foot away from the device.
3. To playback:
· To playback the file you just recorded, press the center OK button.
· To play other files press forward or back arrow, then press the center OK button.
4. To adjust volume during playback, press the up (+) or down (–) arrows.
5. To erase:
· To erase the file you just recorded, press Erase, then press the center OK button.
· To erase previous files press forward or back arrow, press Erase, then press the center OK button.
6. To turn OFF, move Hold switch to Hold.
7. To copy recordings to a computer:
a. Push the release button to separate the battery compartment and expose the USB end.
b. Plug into USB port on your computer.
c. The files on the recorder will show up the same as if you’d plugged in a flash drive.