Collection Policies That Stave Off Lawsuits
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Do you and your library's frontline staff know what to do when a patron says that a book should be taken off the shelves or put behind the counter? Are your procedures for responding to patron challenges clear and up-to-date? When was the last time your library's collection development policy was revised? In this webcast you'll learn essential guidelines for handling patron complaints appropriately and avoiding lawsuits against the library—and yourself!
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
Speaker: Mary Minow
- Speaker's Slides:
- Speaker's Handouts:
- ALA Evaluating Collections pdf [8kb]
- Challenge Check List pdf [29kb]
- Challenge Database Form 2003 pdf [8kb]
- Collection Policies and Challenges doc [60kb] - pdf [31kb]
- Coping with Challenges pdf [39kb]
- Guidelines for Responding to Complaints doc [24kb] - pdf [14kb]
- Library Bill of Rights pdf [7kb]
- Working Book Selection Policy Writing pdf [50kb]