Introduction to California’s Outcome-Based Summer Reading Program
Wed, Jan 26, 2011
Start Time: Pacific - Noon, Mountain - 1:00 PM, Central - 2:00 PM, Eastern - 3:00 PM
This webinar is presented by the California Library Association in partnership with Infopeople. It is designed for California libraries and is California-specific.
Would you like to:
- tell the stories behind your summer reading statistics?
- demonstrate the impact of your summer reading programs?
- improve your library service during the summer?
- develop cost-effective and relevant summer reading programs?
The California Library Association Summer Reading Program Outcomes Measures project has been developed by librarians for librarians. It includes everything you need to present an outcome-based summer reading program in your library:
- data collection tools
- comprehensive resources
- two statewide outcomes that capture the value and possibilities of the summer reading program.
It also allows CLA to collect statewide outcomes data that will help us demonstrate the value and importance of California’s summer reading programs.
The one-hour webinar will tell you everything you need to know to take part in the outcomes project and present outcome-based summer reading in your library.
The webinar will be of interest to California public library staff serving children and young adults and adults involved in presenting Summer Reading programs.
The California Summer Reading Program is a project of the California Library Association, supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, a federal grant administered in California by the State Librarian.
If you have not attended a WebEx Event recently and would like to save time, you can setup Event Manager before the event starts: Click Here
- Speaker's slides
- Notes and Bookmarks: None
- Resouces and other information abalialbe on the CLA website