In this podcast, Infopoeple's book guy Michael Cart talks about early publishing, the evolution of written language, and book collecting (including a mini review of a new Sherlock Holmes pastiche!).
Titles and articles mentioned in this podcast:
- Andrew Pettegree. THE BOOK IN THE RENAISSANCE. Yale University Press.
- Review of: Robert Pinsky. “Start the Presses.” NY Times Book Review, 8/15/10, p. 15.
- Christopher Woods. VISIBLE LANGUAGE: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond. U. of Chicago Pr. 2010.
- Nicholas Basbanes. A GENTLE MADNESS. Owl Books.
- Allison Hoover Bartlett. “Extreme Book-Collecting.” Wall Street Journal, 10/9/10.
- Grahame Moore. THE SHERLOCKIAN. Twelve. 2011.
- Charles Felix (Charles Warren Adams). THE NOTTING HILL MYSTERY.
- Jacques Barzun and Wendell Hertig Taylor. A CATALOGUE OF CRIME.