You are here
How to Hire IT Staff for Your Library
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Laura Solomon
- Do you know what really makes for a good library IT staffer?
- Do you wish you knew what pitfalls to look out for when hiring one?
It’s not easy to hire for a position where it’s unlikely you fully understand the position’s responsibilities or challenges, let alone what exact skill set you need a hire to have. In this webinar, you will:
- Learn what to look for and for red flags that can cause issues down the road.
- Find out how job ads can actually turn off qualified applicants.
- Hear real words of wisdom, from current library IT managers.
When it comes time to hire your library's next IT person, you'll be better prepared!
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will able to:
- Identify at least three criteria to use when evaluating potential IT hires.
- Identify at least one warning sign of a poor potential hire
- List at least two practical strategies that can be used during the interview process with potential IT hires
This webinar will be of interest to hiring managers, administrative staff, and staff responsible for interviewing potential IT employees.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.