You are here
Cloud Computing: Impact on Library Services
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Hawaii - 10 AM, Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Rita Gavelis
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Do you know you’re probably already using the cloud?
- Want to learn how your library will benefit from using cloud services?
Cloud computing has been around for a number of years. It has become more than just a trend but a dynamic service that has changed not only how companies conduct business, but the services they provide to us, the computer user.
In this webinar, we will discuss what Cloud Computing is, how it has changed the way we use the Internet, and how our libraries might benefit from it.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to identify 3 types of cloud computing.
- Know 3 security risks involved with cloud computing.
- Be able to calculate approximate costs of using cloud services.
This webinar will be of interest to staff from all types of libraries interested in benefits and risks of cloud computing, including IT staff, managers, and those making budget decisions.