You are here
Ebooks and Libraries: Legal Issues for Library Administration and Staff
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Mary Minow
- Does your library have Kindles, Nooks and iPads for loan or in-house use?
- Do you have accessible e-readers available to customers who are print disabled?
- Do you know the legal requirements to make your services accessible?
Ebooks present both opportunity and challenge as the dominant delivery is via electronic license, governed by contract law rather than by copyright law.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the difference between eBook content licenses and ownership
- Be brought up to date on the latest legal issues, including the settlement agreement between the National Federation of the Blind and the Sacramento Pubic Library Authority
- Learn how the Califa Library Group (http://www.califa.org/) has fared in buying (not just licensing) eBook content for use by its customers.
This webinar will be of interest to library administrators and staff involved in policy decisions and purchasing of eBooks readers.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
- Chat, Q&A, Closed Captioning
- Chat: pdf [88kb]