You are here
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Stephanie Anderson
- Are you launching a new ebook service and looking for ways to get started on the right foot?
- Do you want your existing ebook collection to have the same vibrancy and staff support as your print collection?
- Frustrated by the different levels of ebook usage and knowledge among your Library users?
- Looking for ways to recommend ebook titles to users who aren’t in the Library building?
Ebooks are increasingly in demand, and libraries may experience a gap between their users needs and their ebook services. A combination of marketing, tech support, and readers’ advisory can fill this gap.
Though ebooks can present a new set of challenges for libraries, many ebook services can be merchandised using tools that library staff are already familiar with, making it easier for libraries to provide the human element so crucial to recommending books.
This webinar will help you develop a more comprehensive plan for ebook merchandising in your library and online, allowing you to better serve your current ebook readers, as well as reach out to a new group of users.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to understand the three facets of ebook merchandising: merchandising the service, merchandising the support, and merchandising the titles
- Be able to identify at least one strategy for improving ebook merchandising for each facet in their library
- Know strategies for introducing technology to new e-reading public
- Know the differences in marketing requirements and capabilities from different ebook providers
This webinar will be of interest to public library frontline staff, collection development and readers’ advisory administrators.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
Keywords: Collection development, eBooks, Marketing and publicity, Merchandising, Public services