You are here
Technology User's Advisory: Guiding consumers through the digital marketplace
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Rita Gavelis
- Are your customers asking, “Which device/tablet/eReader should I buy?”
- Do you understand all those specifications each product provides?
Determining what your organization needs is difficult enough, but giving advice to total strangers can be intimidating. The trick to giving confident gadget recommendations is to know how to get and interpret technical information.
In this webinar, learners will explore the world of gadgets, learn how they work, recognize the differences between various devices, and what questions to ask in order to determine which gadget will best meet customers' needs.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to ask five key questions to identify customer technology needs.
- Define at least five items in a spec sheet.
- Be familiar with the three popular Operating Systems for handheld devices.
- Understand the impact of device features in relation to the cost of the device.
- Identify three resources for keeping up with new technology
This webinar will be of interest to all staff responsible for purchasing or providing advice on the purchase of electronic devices
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Computer skills & software, Customer service, Public services
- Chat: pdf [43kb]
- Technology Users Advisory Handout pdf [5.4kb]