You are here
What's New in Young Adult Literature - 2016
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenters: Michael Cart
- Are you familiar with the latest trends in young adult literature?
- Are you looking for new authors?
- Do you need a list of the latest "hot" books for YAs?
- Do you want recommendations for the best adult and new adult titles for YAs?
The world of young adult literature is an innovative, dynamic one that has become one of the most vibrant areas of publishing. Each publishing season brings a host of new titles, new forms, and new formats, many of which require new methods of evaluation.
Keeping up with these changes and the 5,000+ new titles flooding the market annually can be a full-time job. This webinar will help you identify new trends and the best new titles for your collection.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be familiar with:
- Trends in YA literature and publishing
- New YA novels that comprise "first purchases"
- Nonfiction for both recreational and classroom use
- Graphic novels and comics
- Adult books for young adults and new adults
This webinar will be of interest to both public and school library staff with young adult collection development responsibility.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Collection development, Reader's advisory, Teen services