You are here
Easy Fundraising for Public Libraries: Quick Wins for COHS and other Smaller Projects
A California State Library Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenters: Stephanie Gerding
Do you need matching funds for a grant project such as Career Online High School (COHS)? Perhaps you need easy-to-implement fundraising strategies for a small library project or program. In this webinar, you will discover successful strategies for raising funds that you can implement immediately. We will explore sponsorships and partnerships, social media and other online appeals, easy grant opportunities, fundraising events and "non-events."
You’ll learn all the steps necessary, including: 1) planning--quickly focus your efforts for a clear path to success 2) who to ask and why they’ll give 3) quick and easy ideas to implement now 4) easy grant opportunities and shortcuts for writing grants and 6) leveraging for bonus fundraising results. Soon you will be ready to fundraise and “friendraise” while gaining community support and promoting your library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Utilize quick and easy fundraising ideas to implement immediately
- Identify resources, methods, and models for easy fundraising
- Make the “ask” to the right audience
- Focus library fundraising efforts for COHS and other projects with a clear path to success
- Gain community support and promote the library through fundraising efforts
This webinar will be of special interest to: California Library staff and leadership who are participating in Career Online High School (COHS) and want to learn easy fundraising strategies. Additionally, the webinar would also benefit any library staff, Friends, foundation members, volunteers, who need easy-to-implement fundraising strategies for a small library project or program.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- COHS You Can Give Hope Handouts doc [146kb] - pdf [39kb]
- Fundraising Plan Template doc [57kb] - pdf [84kb]
- Winning Library Grant Sources and Resources pdf [254kb]
- COHS Library Brochure pdf [910kb]
- Chat: pdf [59kb]
Keywords: Grant writing, Fundraising