You are here
New Twists on Storytime
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Penny Peck
Are you looking for something new and different to add to your storytime offerings? Library storytimes are one of the most popular and consistent programs offered by libraries, but it’s not uncommon for presenters to feel like they are in a rut. In this webinar Penny Peck will discuss how to bolster interest and revitalize storytime by creating some “special event” storytimes to attract new library visitors and excite long-time storytime fans. Additionally she will cover how to enhance and update existing storytimes by adding new technology and more interactive play and movement.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will learn about developing and presenting:
- Stay and Play Storytimes that encourage parent-child interaction
- Yoga Storytimes
- Storytime Dance Parties that help parents learn new songs to sing with their children
- Technology Storytimes that include apps and online books
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten programs to assist families in building their children’s vocabularies and preparing for kindergarten
This webinar will be of interest to: Any library staff member who provides storytime programs to children, including new children’s librarians or other library staff who are relatively new to serving children. This webinar is particularly valuable for support staff whose work includes children’s services responsibilities at public libraries and elementary schools.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Storytime Apps: doc [30kb] - pdf [80kb]
- Storytime Music: doc [30kb] - pdf [91kb]
- Storytime Program: doc [31kb] - pdf [86kb]
- Storytime Websites: doc [36kb] - pdf [94kb]
Keywords: Children's services, Programming