You are here
Pitch An Idea FY 2017-18
A California State Library Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 11 AM, Mountain - 12 Noon - Central - 1 PM, Eastern - 2 PM
Presenter: Library Development Services Staff
This webinar is California-specific, although others may find it of interest. Everyone is welcome to attend.
It's time again for Pitch an Idea! The California State Library's Pitch-an-Idea Program is a competitive LSTA grant process designed to give California libraries an opportunity to present a project idea to the State Library without initially writing a full grant application.
- Are you ready for the next round of the Pitch an Idea grant cycle?
- Do you know what are some essential items that must be a part of a successful "pitch" proposal?
- Do you know the rules and guidelines regarding the use of LSTA funds?
The webinar will begin with an overview of the Pitch an Idea Program, including changes to the process for FY 2017/2018 and information about the use of LSTA funds. Following an introductory presentation, State Library staff will engage in a Q and A discussion with participants. We encourage you to attend and bring your questions about the Pitch an Idea process. At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the process for the State Library's Pitch an Idea competitive grant program for FY 2017/18
- Understand the basics of a good pitch proposal and appropriate use of LSTA funds
- Be inspired to research and propose creative ideas for LSTA funding from the California State Library
This webinar will be of interest to: all library staff interested in applying for a Pitch an Idea grant.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.
- Chat: pdf [35kb]
Keywords: Pitch and Idea