The popularity of bibliotherapy has seen a resurgence in the last few years with an emphasis on using both fiction and non-fiction reading in highly creative ways. Its aim now is to increase individual well-being rather than simply focus on self-help and psychological disorders. These changes offer a renewed role for bibliotherapy in your library!
- Does your Library Mission include a call to serve the educational and developmental needs of your community?
- Are you looking for ways to engage a wide representation of your community?
- Do your professional goals include reaching out to the most vulnerable, sensitive, and in need of help and enriching their lives?
- Did you know that bibliotherapy is a perfect way to serve your community and address your Library Mission – all while offering the most rewarding programming of your career?
This one-hour webinar will review the benefits of bibliotherapy for all ages, provide examples of programming and services available, and share with you how to incorporate the use of bibliotherapy into your library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Know the definition and stages of bibliotherapy
- Learn the benefits and limitations of bibliotherapy
- Know four ways bibliotherapy has been used in libraries
- Learn ways to implement bibliotherapy services in a library setting
This webinar will be of interest to Adult, Teen and Children’s Librarians and Academic Librarians.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
Test your browser for compatibility
- ppt [5.7mb]
- pdf (Full slide) [736kb]
- pdf (3 slides per page) [387kb]
- Resources: docx [88kb] - pdf [54kb]
Chat and Q&A
- Chat: pdf [29kb]
- Q&A: pdf [27kb]