- Are you interested in working with pregnant and parenting teens?
- Do you already have a program started and are looking for more tips on how to effectively serve this population?
- Did you not realize this is a population in your community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this webinar is for you.
According to a 2011 report from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), although the teen birth rate in the United States has declined in the last fifteen years, it is still higher than in other developed countries. Pregnant and parenting teens are a unique user group for libraries because it is difficult for them to come to our facilities and utilize our services, including attending storytimes. Outreach to this population is vital because teen pregnancy has negative impacts for teens, their children, and the public sector.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- About the Cuddle up & Read programs in San Diego
- How to establish successful community partnerships in order to create a literacy based program for teen parents and their children
- How to improve their existing literacy based programs for pregnant and parenting teens.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
- pptx [490kb] - pdf (3 slides per page) [295kb]
- Storytime Planning Bibliography: doc [25kb] - pdf [139kb]
- Favorite Board Books for Storytime: doc [20kb] - pdf [274kb]
- Storytime Planning Sheet (Infant & Mobile(: doc [25kb] - pdf [221kb]
- Storytime Planning Sheet (Print Motivation): doc [25kb] - pdf [205kb]