You are here
Coping with Information Overload
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Sarah Houghton-Jan
- Are you "tethered to a ringing telephone?"
- Feel the need to acknowledge every email? Every IM?
- Are your social networks mismanaging you?
We all know what information overload is but so few of us know how to manage it so it doesn't manage us. Join this webinar to learn quick and easy principles for dealing with information overload, including organization skills, how to filter your input, time management, and stress management.
Discover ways to manage your email, RSS feeds, Twitter, Facebook and other social networks, IM, SMS, telephone, and more. Come away with a plan for tackling your own virtual or physical pile of overload.
Learn practical approaches for managing the different information media in your life. Make that virtual pile of work disappear faster than you can say, "I love libraries."
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Know how to organize your information flow to get what's most important to you
- Be familiar with organizational strategies to consuming information
- Be comfortable with the technologies that help to filter, analyze, and organize information
- Evaluate their own information input and output to create a successful plan for the future
- Effectively deal with the mental stress that too much information causes
This webinar will be of interest to all library staff looking for ways to organize the vast amounts of information they receive from various sources.