You are here
Young Children, New Media & Libraries
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
The development of new media content and the technology that supports it is changing faster than the research needed to study its use and effects. In addition, the issue of new media use with young children, as it pertains to libraries, is large and complex.
Join us for an informative conversation regarding the work that has begun on both the national and California State Library levels to address the needs of young children, new media use and libraries. Learn about existing research and approaches that can help inform new media practices for libraries.
Contribute your insights to the conversation and consider what strategies make sense for you and your library. Even though many unknowns remain and our tools are still in development, we can all work to support informed, thoughtful, developmentally appropriate responses.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be aware of some of the challenges and proposed solutions regarding the use of new media with young children and their families in libraries
- Understand what the California State Library and other early childhood organizations are doing to help support wise use of new media
- Know where to look for more information about implementing new media-based projects in libraries
- Know how to utilize a reflective and developmentally appropriate approach to new media use in libraries
This webinar will be of interest to library staff working with young children and families.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
- Chat: pdf [52kb]
Keywords: Children's services