You are here
Library Support Staff Certification: An Introduction
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Karen Strege
The Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC) is an American Library Association approved program that recognizes the value of the contribution of Library Support Staff to quality public service and efficient operation of a library, by offering voluntary certification based on a nationally recognized set of competencies. The program is managed by the American Library Association-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA), a companion association to ALA.
During this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Learn about the new Library Support Staff Certification Program
- Understand its value to library support staff, employers, and library users
- Hear a summary of the nuts and bolts of the program
- Have all their questions answered by program staff members
This webinar will be of interest to library staff who want to enhance their library skills and service, obtain recognition for their accomplishments, advance their career or obtain a job. It will also be of interest to library administrators looking for ways to provide staff development and learning opportunities for their support staff.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
- Notes and Bookmarks: None