You are here
Creating Inviting Low Cost Teen Spaces
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Linda Demmers
Graffiti, anime, slam poetry, WII? Is your service to teens outdated or non-existent? Want to create a space that captures the attention of teens? No space and no money?
Creating special spaces in libraries to encourage teens to meet in a safe and stimulating environment is an exciting and challenging project. But have you asked yourself:
- Do I have space for this in my library?
- Where would I put it?
- How much will it cost?
- How do I feel about gaming?
- What's wrong with sitting in a chair at a table?
- What can I do to control noise?
- What would a teen space look like? How can I get them to participate in planning their space?
In this webinar, participants will:
- Evaluate current service for teens;
- Share ideas about programs for teens;
- Take a virtual tour of new teen spaces;
- Learn how to create an ambience that appeals to teens;
- Review seating, signage, acoustics, finish materials and
- Share tips that promote teen involvement;
- Discover the practicalities and pitfalls of creating spaces for teens.
This webinar will be of interest to public librarians, library planners, architects, teen advisory boards or anyone planning or updating teen spaces in their library.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.