You are here
Teens, Tweens, and Social Networking
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Laura Solomon
We often have assumptions about how teens and tweens use the Internet.
- Are those assumptions true?
- Are teens interested or concerned about their online privacy?
- What kind(s) of social media should your library use?
Learn the answers to these questions and many more, as well as discovering if your library can effectively engage (or not) with young people in social media.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Know which social media tools are currently popular with teens and why
- Be able to name at least two methods by which teen control their online privacy
- Understand how many teens use cell phone and how libraries may be able to integrate them into programming
- Be able to list at least one major obstacle to connecting with teens on social networks
This webinar will be of interest to library staff who work with teens and youth, as well as those responsible for library social media work.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar on the day of the event on the Adobe Connect server. If you pre-registered you can use your email address and password you created to speed up entry to the webinar. If you did not preregister and you login with in 30 minutes of the event you can enter as a guest without a password.
Do you require an accommodation for an Infopeople webinar? For this service, please complete and submit a request form at least 72 hours before the webinar: Request Form