In late 2008, the California State Library launched a new statewide initiative - Get Involved: Powered by Your Library - with the goals of raising awareness among public libraries about how volunteer engagement can benefit both the library and the community; and building the capacity of California's public libraries to recruit and support volunteers more effectively. The Get Involved initiative includes the following components:
- A project advisory task force comprised of state and national library leaders and volunteer managers to inform and guide project activities;
- Training Institutes
- Two-day institutes in May 2009 and May 2010
- Pilot Libraries
- Free annual membership on VolunteerMatch
None at this time.
2011 - 2012
- June 6, 2012: Putting Corporate Volunteers to Work!
- Nov 17, 2011: What’s New for Get Involved in 2012!
- June 28, 2011: Demonstrating ROI in Volunteer Engagement
- Feb 8, 2011: Building a Community of Practice & Tools for Managing Virtual Teams
2009 - 2010
- Oct 12, 2010: Stories from the Front Lines: Getting Staff Buy-in
- Jul 20, 2010: Social Media and Volunteer Engagement
- May 18, 2010: Sharing Our Learning: Building our Community
- Apr 6, 2010: Get Involved: Preparing to Launch
- Apr 1, 2010: Get Involved: Preparing to Launch
- Jan 12, 2010: Build a Better Volunteer Engagement Program!
- Nov 12, 2009: Engaging Pro Bono and Skilled Volunteer
- Nov 4, 2009: Get Involved: Powered by Your Library Kick-Off Webinars
- Sep 16, 2009: Advanced VolunteerMatch Tools
- Jun 30, 2009: Get Involved Institute Follow-Up
- Apr 15, 2009: Engaging Boomers and Skilled Volunteers in your Library
- Apr 14, 2009: Best Practices For Recruiting Online
- Apr 9, 2009: Getting the Most from VolunteerMatch: Overview
2008 - 2009
- Feb 25, 2009: Creating Powerful Communities of Action
- Feb 4, 2009: Creating High Impact Volunteer Agreements
- Jan 21, 2009: Mapping the Initiative
- Jan 7, 2009: Engaging Volunteers in Organizational Capacity Building
- Dec 3, 2008: Getting Others Involved in Your Library