# Page imported Tue May 23 11:59:23 2006
page.type = 'third_level';
page.title= 'DROID X Handout';
page_heading; # create
The DROID X is a smartphone that
uses the Android operation system. It combines a telephone, wireless Internet
device, and media player all rolled into one. Third party applications can be
downloaded via the Droid Market. You must have an active Verizon account to use
the phone and text/MMS services. The DROID X is $199 with a two-year Verizon
- To turn the DROID on, press the button on the top of
- The buttons on the bottom bar are (from the left) the Menu
button, the Home button, the Back button, and the Search button. To return
to the Home (main) screen from any other screen or app, press the Home
button (the second button from the left) on the bottom bar of the phone.
- The icons that appear on the screen just above the button
bar are, from the left, the telephone icon, and the contacts icon, the
launcher icon (that will take you to all of your apps) Tap to open apps on
the screen. Use your finger to swipe left or right or up or down in
- To practice typing, try adding a contact:
- Select the contact icon in the lower right of the screen
- Tap the +
button in the upper right corner of the screen to add a new contact
- Start typing. To move to a new field, just tap in it.
- When you are done, click Save or Discard changes.
- To access the Internet, tap the Browser icon on the
- To use the camera:
and hold the Camera Key (the red button) on the right side of your device to
activate the camera. You can also select the Camera application from your home
screen or applications tray.
the device to the horizontal position (for landscape orientation) and frame
volume keys to Zoom in or out.
- To take the photo, lightly press the Camera button
halfway to focus (focus is complete when green box appears) then press
the camera button all the way to take the photo.
- Device will automatically go to sleep when not in use. To
turn off, press and hold the button on the top of the phone. If the phone
is asleep, press the Home button, then use your finger to slide the unlock
bar on the screen to the right.