Delivering Effective Library Presentations!
Not everyone is a "natural" when it comes to public speaking. And library work has expanded to include many types of information delivery - including oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Do you want to be an even more EFFECTIVE speaker?
- Do you want to know how to communicate anything to any audience at any time?
- Do you want your audience to be able to understand and duplicate your message?
- Do you want to know what your non-verbal communication is saying about you and learn how to improve?
- Would you like to learn the PROS' secrets to effective presentations?
If your work includes speeches, orientations, tours, staff meetings, committee reports, outreach, advocacy, conference presentations, budget presentations, training sessions or any other kind(s) of public speaking, you can benefit from this course. If you have ever wondered why your message was not heard or acted upon.....attend this workshop and you will discover why and how to change your presentation style!
Workshop Description: This all-day workshop will provide you with the knowledge to present any information confidently to any audience at any time, and to have the audience immediately understand and duplicate your message! The course will cover presentation theory, as well as practical, useful tips that can be applied immediately. In a supportive atmosphere, you will prepare and practice brief oral presentations, with opportunities for individual coaching from the instructor.
Topics To Be Covered:
- The Elements Of Communication
- Barriers to communication...what are they and how to handle them
- Organizing Your Information
- Organizational outline for presentations to Inform an audience
- Organizational outline for presentations to Persuade an audience
- Delivery Techniques
- Handling Stage Fright
- Vocal Variety
- Non-Verbal communication...what to do with those hands!
- How to write and use notes or manuscripts
- More secrets from the Pros, e.g. how to handle a hostile audience
- Individual Coaching By Instructor
- Prepare in class and deliver short sample presentations for instructor coaching
- Learn how to coach your staff with their presentations
Who Should Attend: Anyone in a California library - including library friends, trustees and commissioners - with an interest in making more effective presentations.
Prerequisites: A strong interest in learning new presentation delivery skills in order to increase your presentation effectiveness and audience receptiveness.
Please Note: There is a $75.00 fee for this workshop. Infopeople does not provide parking passes, lunch or refreshments.
Check-in: 8:30 to 9 AM Instruction: 9 AM to 4:30 PM