Engaging Volunteers During Difficult Economic Times
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Start Time: Pacific - 12 PM, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: : June Bass
- Group interview outline: doc [41kb] - pdf [75kb]
- Group interview quiz: doc [37kb] - pdf [40kb]
- Challenges: doc [39kb] - pdf [58kb]
- Group training: docx [13kb] - pdf [49kb]
- General interest email: doc [24kb] - pdf [35kb]
- No openings email: doc [26kb] - pdf [47kb]
- No placement email: doc [28kb] - pdf [60kb]
- Position description - branch assistant: doc [29kb] - pdf [63kb]
- Project description - summer reading leaders: doc [36kb] - pdf [83kb]
- Sample recruitment: doc [29kb] - pdf [53kb]
- Management resources: docx [13kb] - pdf [21kb]
Chat and Q&A
- Has the economy impacted your library’s bottom-line more than you anticipated?
- Is finding ways to do things differently the new normal your library?
With service levels at all time highs and funding elusive to meet the demand for service, many libraries are engaging volunteers more proactively or even for the first time. Involving volunteers in delivering library services can be rewarding, challenging, yet also time intensive. And, while volunteers may offer their services for free, there are still costs that need to be considered when planning a volunteer program.
If you have been given the assignment of coordinating volunteers at your library, this webinar will give you insights into how to work effectively with volunteers and facilitate their interaction with paid staff.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand what motivates people to volunteer and why that is important
- Learn how to address a variety of challenges that arise with volunteer programs when economic times are tough
- Learn how to implement a variety of time saving tools related to recruitment, screening, training and supervising volunteers.
This webinar will be of interest to any level of library staff that works with volunteers to provide service to the community.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar you can see the closed captioning in the WebEx media viewer or you can open a separate window using the following link: http://www.captionedtext.com/client/event.aspx?CustomerID=1140&EventID=1905463