Hack Your Career: Dream Job FTW!
- Resources: doc [38kb] - pdf [90kb]
- Hiring Processes: Civil Service Vs. Private Sector: docx [20kb] - pdf [83kb]
- Do you know what your dream job is, but don't quite know how to get it?
- Are you an ideal job candidate with less-than-ideal interview skills?
- Are you stymied by the civil service process?
There is no denying that the job market is tough these days, but there are steps you can take to ensure that your next interviewer sees you as the best candidate for the job. And for those of you who are employed, there are steps you can take to ensure that the work that you do today could help land your dream job someday.
In this one-hour webinar you will:
- Learn to approach the job search and interview process from the perspective of the person doing the hiring.
- Gain insight into how to think strategically about your current job, as well as about how to prepare to get the next one.
- Discover tips for navigating the often baffling world of the civil service application and interview.
- Learn the things that hiring managers wish every job candidate knew.
Though we can't promise a recovery of the job market, we're certain that in this webinar you'll learn ways to Hack Your Career—Dream Job, For the Win!
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Identify the three questions they need to answer before beginning the job search process.
- Understand the three major ways that civil service hiring processes differ from hiring processes in the private and nonprofit sectors.
- Identify ten steps that go into successful resumes, applications and interviews, from the perspective of hiring managers.
This webinar will be of interest to public library staff (though there will be plenty of useful information for staffs of all types of libraries), library school students, job seekers, or any people who are thinking about the next stage of their careers.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar you can see the closed captioning in the WebEx media viewer or you can open a separate window using the following link: http://www.captionedtext.com/client/event.aspx?CustomerID=1140&EventID=1981549