Improvisation at Work! Communicating and Innovating in Your Library
Chat and Q&A
- A customer gets angry on learning about their library fines. There’s an Improv technique for that!
- You’re having difficulty getting staff consensus on a new vendor or service. There’s an Improv technique for that!
- A colleague is continually being negative. There’s an Improv technique for that!
- Looking for new solutions to old problems? There’s an Improv technique for that!
Many of the skills used in Improvisation are easily incorporated into daily library work, and you don’t have to be Robin Williams to be successful at it. In fact, it helps if you’re not!
This webinar will introduce you to four skills that improvisers use and show you how to use them in your library. You’ll learn how they can assist you in providing better customer service, enhancing communication between staff members, and taking some of the stress out of all the changes happening in your workplace.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Understand why and how improvisation is relevant to library work
- Understand how the skills of improvisation can help to improve library services
- Know at least 4 of the improv skills that can be used in library work
This webinar will be of interest to anyone who works in a library with a desire to start moving towards creating a culture of innovation with improved communication and collaboration.
Please note: If possible, try attending this webinar with a partner so you’ll have some support in trying out the skills right away.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
Do you require an accommodation for an Infopeople webinar? For this service, please complete and submit a request form at least 72 hours before the webinar: Request Form