Killer Collections: Libraries Beyond Books
- Do print books alone meet the diverse needs of your community?
- How can library staff manage the logistics of non-traditional library materials, like guitars and eReaders?
- How can partnerships help with funding and/or implementation of these new collections?
Are you interesting in engaging a new segment of your community? By introducing Killer Collections, featuring non-traditional items like seeds, guitars, programming kits, and eReaders, your library can better meet the ever-changing needs of your users.
After this one-hour webinar, attendees know ways to:
- Identify needs in community for non-traditional collections
- Implement lending policy and loan rules for non-traditional collections
- Identify potential community partners who can help make your non-traditional collection a reality
This webinar will be of interest to public and school library staff, Youth Services staff, and anyone seeking to engage their community with new and innovative collections.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar you can see the closed captioning in the WebEx media viewer or you can open a separate window using the following link: www.captionedtext.com/client/event.aspx?CustomerID=1140&EventID=1795489.
- Nook Lending Policy and Agreement - Sacramento Public Library: pdf [228kb]
- Guitar Loan Agreement - San Mateo County Library: pdf [230kb]
- Guitar Staff Instructions - San Mateo County Library: pdf [637kb]