Mobile Website Design for Libraries
Series: The Mobile Revolution and Libraries 4th of 4
Did you know:
- At the end of 2011 there were more than 1 billion mobile-broadband subscriptions worldwide?
- More library customers are using mobile devices and assume your library can be accessible from anywhere, at any time, and on most any device?
This webinar will help you learn how to easily and effectively make your library’s website accessible and useful to mobile users. Chad Mairn will describe and demonstrate various tools, tips, and techniques for creating mobile websites, making them interactive and engaging, and integrating them with other resources, services, and systems available through your library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 innovative library mobile website designs.
- Describe what a mobile framework is and why they are used.
- List 3 existing mobile services/apps that can be included in library-created mobile websites.
- Describe the best practices in mobile Web development
- Use a step-by-step guide for implementing a mobile website.
This webinar will be of interest to library administrators, librarians, and library and IT staff members in all types of libraries who are interested in the design and creation of mobile websites.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar you can see the closed captioning in the Adobe Connect caption pod.
Available for contracting:No