You are here
The Reference Interview: Time for a Tune-Up
An Infopeople Webinar
- Do you need a refresher on the basic steps of any reference interview?
- Do new service models affect the reference interview?
- How do new technologies change reference?
- How do you tailor your reference interviewing to different age groups?
Reference work, both in person and virtual, is constantly changing: the point of contact with the library user; the nature of the questions; and what technologies we use. What has not changed is the importance of the reference interview. No matter the setting or person being served, we still need to make sure we understand what the real question is so that we are able to answer it accurately and thoroughly.
Those attending the webinar will learn:
- the latest trends in the reference interview
- uses for current technology in reference work, including social media
- techniques for tailoring reference interviews to users of different ages
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to library reference staff seeking to provide the best possible service to their users.