You are here
Social Media, Libraries, and the Law
An Infopeople Webinar
Presenter: Mary Minow
Social Media services are some of the latest tools libraries use to communicate with theirusers.
- Does your library have facebook, twitter and flickr accounts?
- Do you understand their terms-of-service, and know what may be negotiable?
- Do you create content for your library’s social media sites?
- Do children use your social media sites?
- Does your library have a social media policy?
In this one-hour webinar, you will:
- learn some copyright pointers, including two important steps you can take to protect your library from secondary liability if users post copyright-protected content in the comments sections.
- understand what you may delete, and what you shouldn’t delete without a lawyer’s advice.
- look at privacy issues of special concern with children.
- see a sample policy that you can use as a starting point.
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to Public Service staff, Library Administrators, all staff contributing to social media, and individuals responsible for creating