You are here
When a Story is More than Paper: Transmedia and Young Adult Literature
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
- Do your teen users read enhanced e-books with animations and sound?
- Do they read apps based on classic tales?
- Do they frequent websites based on popular books and series?
- Want to know more about it?
Transmedia is a more than just a hot buzzword in the publishing world. It’s also a way of reaching technologically-savvy users and reluctant readers. In this webinar you’ll learn more about the phenomenon, how publishers create transmedia, how users access it, what the barriers to access are, what’s happening in libraries currently, and how you can use transmedia to connect with users, particularly teens.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Know the basics of transmedia and its impact on the future of reading
- Know Five ways to evaluate transmedia
- Know three tools to use transmedia to reach teens, especially reluctant readers
This webinar will be of interest to Collection Development Staff, Technology Staff, Young Adult Librarians, and School Librarians.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Transmedia Handout pdf [89kb]
Keywords: Collection development, Multimedia