You are here
Free Online U.S. Citizenship Course
An Infopeople Hosted Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenters: Andrea Willis, Sacramento County Office of Education and Katy Azevedo, Butte County Library
Does your library provide support to adult immigrants who want to pursue U.S. citizenship and need help studying for the naturalization interview? Would a free, high-quality, and easy-to-use educational resources provide a viable option? Thanks to a grant from LSTA, Butte County Library and USA Learns (usalearns.org) have teamed up to provide this webinar to introduce you to a free online course, USA Learns Citizenship, that helps immigrants prepare for all aspects of the naturalization interview. Developed by experts in the fields of adult education, immigration law, citizenship education and multimedia development, this course provides a robust and engaging learning opportunity that has been accessed by more than 100,000 people since it launched in November, 2017.
Join presenters Andrea Willis and Katy Azevedo as they give a tour of the USA Learns Citizenship course, while you learn about ways that your organization can utilize the website to help immigrants prepare for their citizenship test. Talk to Katy about her experience using USA Learns Citizenship directly with migrant farm workers in Northern California as they prepare for their journey along the path to citizenship.
During this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Learn about the basic steps to becoming a U.S. citizen.
- Learn ways that immigrants can study for their naturalization interview, independently or with help from library staff or tutor.
- Check out online lessons that prepare immigrants to answer questions related to their N-400 Application for Naturalization and questions related to U.S. civics.
- Get familiar with online activities that prepare immigrants for the English reading, writing and speaking aspects of the citizenship test.
- Get a peek at USA Learns' teacher side (usalearns.org/teacher), where you can easily create a course based on our content and monitor your learners' progress through the content.
- Start thinking about how to roll out the USA Learns Citizenship course at your library.
This webinar will be of interest to: Anyone who wants to help immigrants become U.S. citizens, especially library staff and volunteers.
Libraries Helping Immigrants - Series Infomation
Libraries Helping Immigrants, Services for Immigrants: A Project to Train Library Staff to Utilize ESL and Immigration Resources is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
To check your system's compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone, see this page.
Keywords: immigration, citizenship