You are here
New Books for Storytime
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Penny Peck
Are you looking for new picture books to re-energize your storytimes? Storytimes are one of the most popular and consistent library programs held for families, but often we feature the “tried and true” books we have used for years. This webinar will focus on new picture books that will engage the storytime audience, including books that invite audience participation, books based on songs and nursery rhymes, books that promote preliteracy skills and kindergarten readiness, and websites useful to storytime planning.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will have learned about many new books that can be included in storytimes, including:
- Attention-holding books for babies and young toddlers
- Cumulative, circular, sing-along, and audience participation books that enliven storytimes
- Books that promote preliteracy skills and kindergarten readiness
- Informational books that engage young listeners
- Books that reflect the diversity of the families we serve
- Ideas for “special event” storytimes including dance parties, yoga, drag performer, and sensory storytimes
This webinar will be of interest to: Any library staff member who provides storytime programs to children
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
To check your system's compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone, see this page.
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.