You are here
An Infopeople Webinar
Some are born to downsize, some achieve downsizing, and some have downsizing thrust upon them. Let’s face it: in today’s economic and governmental climate, library decision makers are more likely to be reducing their organizations than increasing them. Downsizing is never fun, but it can be done in a way that leaves the library less damaged, and in a better position to recover as times improve.
Join library consultants George Needham and Joan Frye Williams as they offer practical advice about how to downsize strategically, making the best of bad circumstances in a positive, active way. Join them as they discuss how to stop trying to do more with less and start doing differently by:
- Shifting the focus from cutbacks to outcomes
- Leveraging existing assets
- Realigning operations with community priorities
- Engaging the staff and Board in planning and implementation
- Retiring services that are no longer sustainable
- Communicating effectively and supporting staff throughout the transition
Even if you’re not downsizing right now, it pays to be prepared. The ideas in this webinar can help you make your organization more flexible and resilient, and strengthen your confidence in the tough decisions you are called upon to make.
This webinar will be of interest to library trustees and commissioners, library directors, managers, supervisors, team leaders, and others who are engaged in setting priorities for their organizations or work groups.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.
- Notes and Bookmarks: None