You are here
Worse Than Death? Practical Tips on Public Speaking for Library Personnel
An Infopeople Webinar
- As a library employee, are you ever required to speak in front of an audience?
- Is the idea of public speaking a cause for anxiety for you?
- Looking for ways to alleviate your anxiety and improve your public speaking ability?
Public speaking is often listed as one of the top fears people experience. Some even rate it more frightening than death! As library staff, we may be called upon to speak in a variety of contexts, such as promoting library services in the community or providing a training workshop.
Material for this webinar was drawn from interviews conducted with library leaders, membership in organizations such as Toastmasters, and experience in a variety of public speaking contexts, from teaching communication skills workshops to presenting speaker introductions. Recent research provided in this webinar will offer new techniques and insights that can help most people improve their public speaking abilities.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, attendees will be able to identify:
- A barrier to effective public speaking and at least one strategy for overcoming that barrier.
- At least five practical tips for speaking effectively in front of any audience.
This webinar will be of interest to anyone from the library community looking for ways to improve their public speaking skills.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required.