You are here
Life After Desk: Implementing the New Service Models
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Joan Frye Williams
- Are you wondering how a new service model might work in your library?
- Do you wish you had more information about what it really takes to transition to these new approaches?
- Are you in the middle of implementation and looking for practical tips and suggestions from other libraries?
- Or are you just curious about how library work is changing?
We’ve all heard how progressive libraries are experimenting with new ways to deliver service. Recent years have brought news of shrinking circ desks, roving reference, virtual branches, after-hours lockers, unattended kiosks, information neighborhoods, zone staffing, imbedded librarians, and other service innovations.
In this timely webinar, library consultant and futurist Joan Frye Williams will bring us up to date on how new service models are performing in a variety of settings. She’ll share lessons learned about how to succeed with these new techniques, including practical advice for:
- Training and redeploying staff,
- Revising job descriptions,
- Rearranging library spaces,
- Rethinking library collections,
- Introducing the new model to your community, and
- Measuring success and productivity.
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to library staff at all levels looking to increase their understanding of what’s working well, what still needs tweaking, and what just might be coming our way in the future.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.