You are here
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
- What are the distinguishing elements of a sensory storytime?
- Have you considered offering a sensory storytime?
- Do you already offer one and need some inspiration?
Join Laura Olson and Laura Baldassari-Hackstaff, youth librarians for Douglas County Libraries in Colorado, who co-developed and have been offering a sensory storytime for three years. A sensory storytime is a traditional storytime, with added enhancements that engage the participants through their senses and thus add to their enjoyment of the experience.
This webinar will describe the development of an ongoing sensory storytime, from inception to establishment and growth. Participants will receive detailed information on how to develop and sustain this program, including who from their community to contact, what resources they will need, when to offer their storytime, how to market their storytime, and why it supports the ALA’s Core Values of Librarianship.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to create a step-by-step plan to develop and implement a sensory storytime program
- Be able to organize the staff, time, budget, and other resources needed to begin and support a sensory storytime program
- Know the elements of a sensory storytime, and why it is an important program for their communities
This webinar will be of interest to youth librarians and staff who offer storytimes.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Children's services, Programming, Storytimes