You are here
USA Learns: A Free Website to Learn English and Prepare for U.S. Citizenship
A California State Library Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Andrea Willis: Director of Internet and Media Services at the Sacramento County Office of Education
Kathryn Azevedo: Digital Literacy Van Coordinator, Library Administration, Butte County Library
Susan Hanks: Library Programs Consultant, California State LIbrary
Join presenters Andrea Willis and Kathryn Azevedo, as they provide an overview of the free USA Learns website (usalearns.org) and share ideas about how one California library utilizes the site to teach English to adults.
During this one-hour webinar, attendees will:
- Learn about the highly popular USA Learns website, which has been accessed by more than 9 million adults around the world to learn English free.
- Check out the three existing ESL courses and the various activity types, which include listening, speaking, reading, writing, comprehension, and more!
- Get a sneak peek at information about the upcoming U.S. Citizenship course, which will help applicants prepare for the naturalization interview.
- Learn how one California library uses USA Learns to teach English to their patrons.
- Get ideas on how you might use this valuable resource with volunteers and tutors in your library.
- Start thinking about how to roll out the new U.S. Citizenship course at your library.
This webinar will be of interest to: library staff and volunteers who are looking for high-quality (and free!) resources to help adults learn English and prepare to become U.S. citizens.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button at the top of this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
Speaker's slides: Will be available the morning of the webinar.