You are here
Instant Recess: Encouraging Customers and Staff to Get Moving in the Library
An Infopeople Webinar
- Feeling a bit lethargic while working on your computer?
- Worried about your health and your customers’ well-being?
- Looking for an easy way to fit in 10 minutes of exercise at your library?
Many communities have identified health and wellness as a priority. More than half of California’s adults as well as nearly one in three children in America are overweight or obese and at risk for developing chronic health conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Libraries can play an important role in promoting physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Instant Recess®, a fun and effective strategy developed by Dr. Toni Yancey, encourages regular 10 minute activity breaks that are easily incorporated into school, work, and community life. Libraries big and small are ideal locations to get America moving, 10 minutes at a time.
Using the experience of the Lawndale Library, a medium-sized library in the County of Los Angeles Public Library system, as well as other case studies, this one-hour webinar will explain the benefits of Instant Recess® for all ages, provide examples of exercises, routines, and games, and share how to quickly and effectively incorporate this innovative program into your library.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Know the health challenges communities face
- Know the benefits of physical activity for all ages
- Know how Instant Recess® has been implemented in schools, job sites, and libraries
- Learn strategies for implementing Instant Recess® in a library setting
Wear comfortable shoes!
This webinar will be of interest to staff working with all ages.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
- Chat, Q&A, Closed Captioning
- Chat: pdf [94kb]