You are here
New Books for Storytime - 2020 Update
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Penny Peck
Whether you are a long-time storytime presenter or relatively new at offering storytimes, we all need suggestions for books that will grab the attention of our audience. Storytimes are one of the most popular and consistent library programs held for families, but often we feature the same books we have used for years. This webinar will focus on new picture books that will engage the storytime audience, including books that invite audience participation, books based on songs, informational books, books that reflect our diverse communities, and websites useful to storytime planning.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will have learned about many new books that can be included in storytimes, including:
- Attention-holding books for babies and young toddlers
- Cumulative, circular, sing-along, and audience participation books that enliven storytimes
- Ideas for promoting Kindergarten readiness and emergent reader skills while still having fun
- Informational books that engage young listeners
- Books that reflect the diversity of the families we serve
- Ideas for “special event” storytimes including dance parties, yoga, drag performer, and sensory storytimes
This webinar will be of interest to: Any library staff member who provides storytime programs to children, including new children’s librarians or other library staff who are relatively new to serving children. This webinar is particularly valuable for support staff whose work includes children’s services responsibilities at public libraries and elementary schools.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on this page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
To check your system's compatibility with GoTo Webinar and/or download software for your computer/tablet/smartphone, see this page.