You are here
Active Shooter Procedures for Libraries
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - 12 Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
Presenter: Mary Soucie, State Librarian, North Dakota State Library
- Have you thought about what to do in an active shooter situation?
- Have you identified the most vulnerable areas in your library?
- Do you know where to go for resources to create an active shooter procedure?
Join North Dakota State Librarian Mary Soucie as she discusses what should be included in an active shooter procedure, including an emergency & disaster plan, communication plan and evacuation plan. Additionally she will cover how to respond (run, hide, fight), and what you need to be aware of to prepare for this situation.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to identify what is needed in an active shooter procedure
- Be able to identify areas of vulnerability in their library
- Know where to find additional resources to assist in crafting their procedures
This webinar will be of interest to: All library types; administration and front line staff
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
- Infopeople webinars can be viewed on iOS devices. Adobe® Connect™ Mobile for iOS
- Webinar archive of this event will be available within 24 hours or sooner
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility
Keywords: Emergency preparedness, Training skills