You are here
Teen Volunteer Programs: There's More than Simply Shelving!
An Infopeople Webinar
Start Time: Pacific - Noon, Mountain - 1 PM, Central - 2 PM, Eastern - 3 PM
- Are you noticing an influx of teens asking for volunteer hours at your library and you can’t seem to find tasks for them?
- Have your experiences with teen volunteers been less than positive?
- Are you the only person in charge of teen volunteers at your library?
Managing teen volunteers can often be a challenge that takes time and dedication. Learn how to effectively engage teen volunteers to benefit your library as well as create positive leadership experiences for them and for you.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Find at least three ways to engage their teen volunteers.
- Identify the types of volunteers (short term/long term) and properly assign tasks.
- Find ways to problem-solve common issues with teen volunteers.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff working with teens or managing teen volunteers in both public and school libraries.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar within 30 of the start of the event. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. If you did not preregister and you can register in the 30 minutes prior to the event and directly enter.
- Teen Volunteer Programs doc [12kb] - pdf [24kb]
- Teen Volunteer Position Description doc [113kb] - pdf [72kb]
- Teen Training Handbook pdf [737kb]
- Teen Contact Form doc [29kb] - pdf [69kb]
- Teen Volunteer Sign In Form doc [37kb] - pdf [27kb]
- Contract Exchange doc [33kb] - pdf [54kb]
- Weekly Log doc [11kb] - pdf [29kb]